You are here: Home Constitution
PETERBOROUGH SLO-PITCH ASSOCIATION CONSTITUTION
1. The executive shall be made up of a President, Treasurer, Vice President and Recording Secretary. Elections shall be held at the first general meeting each year, to be held before April 15th of the year. Past President will sit as advisor only.
2. Slo Pitch National slo-pitch rules of play will be used with the following exceptions:
COED ONLY: If only 4 females are present, they may add a (1) fifth male defensively (NEVER 6 males in field)
3. CITY OF PETERBOROUGH BYLAW: There will be NO ALCOHOL on or around, the playing field or parking areas at ANY time. Any team ignoring this ruling may be disqualified from the league. NO SMOKING (including e-cigarettes) at or around any City ball diamond!!!!!!!!!!!! (parking lot areas excepted). Click here to read the City Of Peterborough Bylaw.
4. Home team will supply bases, home plate mat and 1 new Grey Dot (optic yellow) 12" ball to be used for the doubleheader, plus one good used ball. Failure to comply with the above will mean forfeiture of the home game advantage. If the home team advantage is forfeited the opposing team need only supply good used balls. Home team is listed "FIRST" on schedules.
Last week of regular season (during exhibition at Morrow Pk) all games 'except Sunday' will be a single 7 inning game!!!
5. (A) Playoffs: To be eligible for playoffs a player must play in at least 4 different scheduled dates of their team's scheduled games.
(B) Team Rosters: First and last names are to be printed on roster sheets. Each league team will be allowed a MAXIMUM of 20 players.
Completed regular season (and playoff) roster to be submitted before JULY 15th..submit roster electronically at the league website and follow the drop down to get to the roster page
ANY TEAM ROSTER NOT SUBMITTED WILL NOT HAVE PLAYERS ELEGIBLE FOR PLAYOFFS…LEAGUE OFFICIALS CANNOT CHANGE THAT AFTER JULY 15TH
Penalty for using illegal player(s): After one warning, ALL teams using the illegal player(s) WILL be eliminated in participating in league playoffs!!!!!!!!!!!!! The players in question must be eliminated immediately from the years play on ANY team…
(C) Score Sheets:
Note…CANCELLED GAMES: Both teams must show up unless the games have been cancelled by the league by 5 p.m. game day (8:30a.m. Sundays). NOTICE OF CANCELLATION WILL BE SHOWN ON THE WEBSITE ONLY. Once the game is started, it will not be stopped unless the umpire stops it. The game will not be stopped unless it starts to rain hard and further deteriorates field conditions or if lightning is present. Once the game starts, the umpire must be paid by the league and you receive no rebate.
15. (a) Any players playing coed may play in more than one division, but NEVER on the same night. No exception for scheduling due to conflicts!!
(b) Any male may play in ONE Masters (+45 ) and one sunday mens team.New for 2019,one (1) player aged 42 or over in the same calender year may play in the Masters Division but must be declared..For playoffs in Masters and Sunday mens only there will be no coin toss for home game.The highest seed after the regular season is done will always be home game..
16. Scores: The winning team will log in to slopitchpeterborough.ca and find your game in the division and date and report the score. The score will automatically update the standings page if reported within 7 days of the date played. IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO UPDATE STANDINGS IF SCORE IS NOT REPORTED ON TIME. Have someone designated to report each weeks score and one alternate in case the reporting person is not available.
17. NEW IN 2018: A maximum 6 run per inning with an open last inning.
ALL MASTERS DIVISIONS AND ALL MALES IN COED DIVISIONS, MUST USE WOODEN OFFICIAL SOFTBALL BATS ONLY. (BAMBOO ALLOWED). No metal bats for men!